Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Plasma TV Foggy area

"Mark Zacharias" wrote in message
"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message

"Randy Day" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
I don't have this tv in hand now and also don't have the make and model
of
this display at the moment but all I am looking for is general
information
for now.

This tv has a smudged / blurry area on the screen. It looks almost like
it
is dirty from a oily hand but it doesn't wipe off. It is not a
rectangular
area.

I am not familar with the common failure modes of Plasma displays. What
is
your best guess would cause this.

Someone used solvent to clean the screen?

Interesting idea.. That's a case where the screen could be fixed... I
will have a close look at it in a couple of days.
The price is right on this thing, but I don't want to sink money into it
if the screen is about to crap out.. Since that's the one piece that cant
be repaired.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves - do we know for sure it's really a plasma
and not an LCD? My customers often confuse the two.

If not damage to anti-glare coating which has been suggested, it does
sound more like an LCD type problem to me.

Mark Z.

To be honest Mark, I'm not sure that as described, it actually sounds like
any kind of display technology fault that I have seen. I would be struggling
to think of any kind of LCD problem that would result in an irregular
smudgy-looking mark, unless it was an actual physical mark on the surface of
the panel ...

Arfa