Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John Gbur John Gbur is offline

Default Ginko Wood

Funny you should ask. It was female (Prior to this I didn't know there were
male and female trees). As research showed there are and the reason the
people were cutting it down was verified as well. The seeds/fruit of the
female stink! I fortunately did not get to verify this as I guess it was
not the season for it.

I took most of the tree (not the branches) except for what someone took
while I was cutting. Had plenty of wood still and even shared it with
others as I had so much.

I am rough turning and drying most of it so we'll see how it comes out when
it dries.

g.com...
On 2010-09-03 07:09:11 -0400, "John Gbur" said:

Thanks for the info. I had done a bowl or two and just started slabbing
out a number of platters and spindle stock.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with. BTW, was it a male or female
ginko tree?