Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Score Card

On Sat, 4 Sep 2010 19:28:37 -0400, "Morgans" wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

True, but one reason legislation is pending is because Mr. Fat sent his
lobbyists to town to get something done for his own good, damn the rest of
society.

Oh, and I have another suggestion for government reform. (like it will ever
happen)

Each bill stands on its own. No more adding yak fat onto the FAA
appropriation bills, and such. Too many stupid things are passed because
the bill it is added onto is too important to not pass. Then, we get yak
fat, because congress (for example) wanted planes to keep flying.

That's one I could go for, but other than a line-item veto I don't see how it
could be enforced.

All issues should stand on their own. No more pork bills.

Pork is another issue. If you could figure out how to do the above, pork is a
thing of the past.