Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Making double-prong skewers

In article .com,
"Pete C." wrote:

Joseph Gwinn wrote:

I have been in the market for double-prong skewers for barbecuing meat.
Double-prong skewers look like a very large hairpin, with both prongs going
through the meat, thus preventing rotation, so when one turns the skewer
full of meat over, everything turns over.

I have a old and ratty set of such skewers, but need more, and perhaps
better.

[snip]
Probably get to use them this week. I'm wondering if 1/8" diameter is too
large. If it is, I'll use 3/32" diameter rod instead.

Joe Gwinn

The folks in the parts of the world where skewering stuff is the norm
use flat metal skewers, around 1/2" wide x 1/16" thick or so.

How big are the critters they are roasting?

I was thinking kabobs: cubes about 2" on a side, and a blade that big could be
hard to use.

Although it would certainly be easy to get SS flat strip in 0.5 by 0.0625" or
similar size.

Joe Gwinn