Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default O/T: Score Card

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Mike Marlow" wrote

That would be less than the American way. I can see no kickbacks and
things like that, but there are plenty of legitimate ways of generating
income that your broad brush would be precluding. My original comment
though was in surprise at what I thought you were suggesting - that they
need a better salary. I could not believe anyone would suggest such a
thing...

Salary is one of the problems with many potential politicians. Unless
you've made your fortune, running for office is a big pay cut for many
potential well qualified candidates. The mayor in our town gets
something like $42k. Fine for a retired guy, but sucks for a qualified,
educated administrator making twice that at his private sector job.

IIRC, Senators are in the $170k range. While that is more than most of us
make, it is far less than an executive in a big corporation with lots of
responsibility.

As near as I can tell, a Senator's staff does all the Real Work and the
Senator merely Pontificates and enjoys the perks of the most expensive
country club in the nation. I would like to see them do something For the
country instead of To the country. All of them.