Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Yikes, blown the suppy company neutral fuse ...

On 03/09/2010 20:45, John Rumm wrote:
On 03/09/2010 20:20, Owain wrote:

I can't see how the cable shield turns into an earth - does it join to
the rather anorexic single green?

Zooming in a bit I can see what looks like a silver braided conducto
that emerges from the thinner black part of the incomer - about level
with the white T&E passing diagonally behind it. What I can't see is
where it then goes - it loops behind the incomer, but is then obscured
by the anaconda on the gas supply. (Be interesting if after all they
they forgot to connect it to anything!)

It's connected to one of the thicker green/yellow earths via a floating
terminal block.

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/IMG_3473.jpg

The skinny lone green wire bunched with it connects to the gas pipework.

--
Adrian c