Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Home Despot takes a turn for the worse.

[snip]

Small town here. Maybe that makes a difference. Local employees. Meet
you at the entrance and ask if they can help. All very pleasent to talk
to. When I buy 4x8 sheets of plywood they cut to size no charge. Totally
different that when I go to a large town and happened to buy and item
there. But I do most of my buying at the local Ace Hardware (for past 30
years) WW

There used to be a couple of small, old hardware stores around here. One
was an Ace and the other a True Value. Both had helpful employees who
knew about the products they sell. I would go to one of those stores when
I needed help deciding just what part to get. Both stores are out of
business now, after Lowes opened.

--
113 days until The winter celebration (Saturday December 25, 2010
12:00:00 AM).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Not one man in ten thousand has goodness of heart or strength of mind
to be an atheist." -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772-1834), to Thomas
Allsop, ca. 1820