Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Why do you think there is water in the ethanol that gas stationssell?

Ed Huntress wrote:

It appears to be much simpler than that, George. The point is to keep corn
prices high so we don't get into a deeper subsidy trap with "family
farmers." That would be political disaster. It's easier to make it all a
hidden tax that we pay in higher food prices.

Who is still running a family farm, Ed?
Those days are long gone.
These are corporate farms now.

The Republicans would trot out Farmer Brown at every political rally and
tell everyone how Democrats forced him to sell the family farm to a Chinese
soy sauce corporation. He'd leave the Lincoln in the barn on those days, of
course.

Then there would be the charges of hypocrisy about Dems calling for
alternative energy while stopping the expansion of "clean, safe, green,
home-grown" cornholeum, or whatever it is.

What's good for Cargill is....good for ADM. And so on.

None of which is good for you or me...

Makes me wonder if the Peter Principle applies to governments as well???
--

Richard Lamb