Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Weird stuff -- update -- (was Electronic Kenmore refrigerator notworking, what does this sign mean)

On Sep 3, 1:19*am, Ignoramus28169 ignoramus28...@NOSPAM.
On 2010-09-03, Jon Elson wrote:

Ignoramus28169 wrote:
Here's my tentative conclusion on this sad story.

The culprit is a poor design of the fridge, such that

1) It cannot restart with the compressor hot
and
2) It does not wait until the compressor gets cold.

The above could have been corrected with $5 worth of parts and a LED
light.

Yup! *They've been like this for about 50 years, now!
Very possibly, the refrigerator was fine all along, and just needed to
rest for an hour before a restart.

I tried to tell you this a few days ago.

Jon

Jon, yep, you are right. But the good news is that fridge is not
fried, is back in service, etc.

i-

On June 28 I wrote concerning an air conditioner:

"When you have it apart and are playing with it, don't turn it off
and
then back on quickly. Like an air compressor they don't start easily
against pressure. I cleaned mine a few days ago, and tested it with a
3750W generator. The normal starting surge read about 10A, but when I
turned it off and back on the ammeter read 25A and it loaded down the
genny and wouldn't run."

When plugged into a wall outlet it also draws 25A and hums without
starting.

After typing that sentence I tried again and it started fine.

jsw