Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default The Home Despot takes a turn for the worse.

Jeff Thies wrote:
I'm in HD's home town and have watched them for quite some time.

I've noticed that HD is going through a new phase. They had been going
through one of being more friendly but not any better otherwise.

Now they seem indifferent, event resentful of taking time out to
help customers. Department Managers would rather not be bothered, no
one seems to care.

It's gotten intolerable to get anything done in a HD. Now, that
isn't all stores, but most.

I think they are subcontracting out some kind of customer service
management and this has destroyed what little company spirit the
employees had.

At any rate, from my view, it looks like a death spiral. Anyone else
notice this?

Nope, quite the opposite, actually. I was looking at light bulbs last week,
and I got accosted by no less than three orange vests trying to interact
with me. Such a monumental purchasing decision, looking at light bulbs, I'm
surprised they didn't have to call up Bob Vila himself to come and give me a
helping hand.

Now I know I'm an incredibly good-looking guy, and people tend to always
want to bask in the glow of my beauty, but sheesh, *light bulbs*?

Jon