Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Hugh Jassolle Hugh Jassolle is offline

Default Weird stuff -- update -- (was Electronic Kenmore refrigeratornot working, what does this sign mean)

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 19:03:20 -0500, Ignoramus28169 wrote:

Things are getting weirder and weirder. My original post is at the
bottom.

I have received the replacement relay and capacitor today.

Installed them (it was a 2 minute job).

Plugged in the fridge.

The compressor happily started working normally, mildly vibrating and
indicating in all respects that it is running fine.

Happy after 2 minutes, I turned off the fridge, and reinstalled the rear
insulated covering panel and ground.

Plugged in again and I HEARD THE SAME OLD DREADED BUZZING SOUND. Now,
the compressor motor would not start again! It busses fomr several
seconds and the relay clicks and turns it off.

I am completely puzzled as to why exactly it turned on once, but would
not turn on again.

Any idea?

Call Sears repair.