Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Why do you think there is water in the ethanol that gas stationssell?

Our good friends at the EPA (let me spell that out: Environmental _Protection_
Agency) are scheduled to protect us by the end of September, a few weeks from
now. They're going to protect us by making a decision on whether or not to
propose an increase of from 10% to 15% for ethanol in our gasoline.

I have a better suggestion. If the EPA really wants to protect us, they should
ban the use of ethanol fuels as they are currently produced. I haven't heard of,
seen or read anything in the last several years that tells me this movement is
in any way actually protecting the environment.

The only thing as near as I can tell, that's being protected with this movement
are a few big time corn farmers that produce the raw material for making the
ethanol.

Science can do way better than this and use other plants to produce ethanol if
they must. Why not use the corn to feed some of the starving millions around the
globe? That'll keep farmer John busy.

Please people, we're running out of time here. Read the link above and then call
or write your congress person and tell them you really want this whole idea
squashed. Its not helping us, and the EPA to date has shown no real grasp of the
science and economics involved in this matter. I'm afraid they'll just sign off
on the 15% requirement. There's a whole lot more than how well your engine runs
at stake here.