Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Weird stuff -- update -- (was Electronic Kenmore refrigeratornot working, what does this sign mean)

On 09/02/2010 05:14 PM, rangerssuck wrote:
No doubt someone mor knowledgable will have something to add here, but
it sounds like the compressor is trying to start against a load. How
long was it unplugged while you were replacing the cover? I imagine it
should be unplugged at least three ininutes, and probably five.
However, I'd also imagine that there would be a timer of some sort to
prevent short-cycling. Of course, the thermal protection in the motor
would kick in eventually, but my air conditioner, for example, simply
will not run the compressor for a few minutes after you plug it in if
it had been running just prior to unplugging.

Anyway, I'd suggest that you let it rest a few minutes and then try
again.

We had an older fridge that'd do this any time the power blinked -- and
we live out in the boonies. We learned to unplug it for a few minutes
and plug it back in.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services