Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Weird stuff -- update -- (was Electronic Kenmore refrigeratornot working, what does this sign mean)

On 9/2/2010 8:03 PM, Ignoramus28169 wrote:
Things are getting weirder and weirder. My original post is at the bottom.

I have received the replacement relay and capacitor today.

Installed them (it was a 2 minute job).

Plugged in the fridge.

The compressor happily started working normally, mildly vibrating and
indicating in all respects that it is running fine.

Happy after 2 minutes, I turned off the fridge, and reinstalled the
rear insulated covering panel and ground.

Plugged in again and I HEARD THE SAME OLD DREADED BUZZING SOUND. Now,
the compressor motor would not start again! It busses fomr several
seconds and the relay clicks and turns it off.

I am completely puzzled as to why exactly it turned on once, but would
not turn on again.

Any idea?

Take the cover back off and see if anything changes? Mebbe fridge got
shoved into the wall, and the cover got bent, and is making something
not work?

I'm no fridge expert, but when something stops working when you put the
lid on, that tells me the lid is somehow binding something up or
shorting something out.

--
aem sends...