Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Weird stuff -- update -- (was Electronic Kenmore refrigerator notworking, what does this sign mean)

No doubt someone mor knowledgable will have something to add here, but
it sounds like the compressor is trying to start against a load. How
long was it unplugged while you were replacing the cover? I imagine it
should be unplugged at least three ininutes, and probably five.
However, I'd also imagine that there would be a timer of some sort to
prevent short-cycling. Of course, the thermal protection in the motor
would kick in eventually, but my air conditioner, for example, simply
will not run the compressor for a few minutes after you plug it in if
it had been running just prior to unplugging.

Anyway, I'd suggest that you let it rest a few minutes and then try
again.