Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Old antenna for new tv

On 9/1/2010 11:05 PM, Jdog wrote:
I have an old antenna in the attic. When i moved into my house i
hooked it up to the tv. It works ok. Some channels dont come in
perfect some of the time. I've tried adjusting it w/ no luck. I see
these new style antennas for sale on line.
http://www.antennahub.com/highgainou...-preorder.aspx

Are they better then the old style?
Has anyone tried both?

The old style antenna will work (with HD and digital) just as good today
as it did 50 years ago. Actually they seem to work much better with the
switch to digital. The ones the link points to... well they might work,
but none of the ones I tried (and returned)worked well. Now an old
fashioned type with a pre-amp out near the antenna and possibly another
amp near the TV, that will work better that that *gimmick* one at the link.