Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default del1702fp monitor

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 16:51:30 -0700 (PDT), ajd15
wrote:

I have a 1702fp monitor that died. The power light is on but the
screen is blank. I need a manual or some sugestions on a repair
approach.

Sounds familiar. Blown electrolytic capacitors. Find and replace:
http://ccl-la.com/LCDrepair12.htm
http://www.instructables.com/id/FREE-17%22-LCD-Monitor---How-to-do-it%3F/
When you look for replacement caps (i.e. eBay, Digikey, Mouser, etc),
be sure to get 105C low-ESR caps.

PS... reading the manual is a sign of weakness, inexperience, and
desperation. You probably don't need a manual for this repair.
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D