Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default Deep drilling aluminum

What's that Lassie? You say that Ignoramus4117 fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Wed, 01 Sep 2010 22:50:27 -0500:

Karl, what about this routine (with copious coolant): drill a small
increment, then dwell the drill for a small fraction of a second to
break chips, then continue. That would break chips, right? I could
literally stop the Z axis movement to dwell for several times per
second. Would that be enough? Withdrawing to SafeZ every time is very
time consuming.

If you look at the parameters in your controller, you should find one
relating to G83. You should be able to have it do just as you
describe. On the controllers that i use, the parameter is called "G83
high speed".
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.