Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Yikes, blown the suppy company neutral fuse ...

On 02/09/2010 19:06, The Wanderer wrote:

- I'm rather tempted to find the solid metal
replacement (for neutral) and probably more sensibly uprate their fuses
(60A = 2 parallel bits of 30A fuse wire?),

Definitely not. You don't want to finish up as an accident statistic.
Without getting too technical, but if you happen to short out L& N

I'm really not going to do that ;-)

Whoa there. 'Phone them back again. Tell them their equipment - rewireable
fuses that date back perhaps 60-70 years - does not meet the requirements
of paragraphs 3, 7,& 34 of the The Electricity Safety, Quality and
Continuity Regulations 2002. Ask them why are they charging you to correct
work that should have been done by them some 20 years or more ago.

The document is here

OK, 9am tomorrow I'm going to warm up their 'general enquiry' phone
wires a bit.

--
Adrian C