Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Old antenna for new tv

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 07:56:08 -0400, Jeff Thies
wrote:

Jeff
(used to hold a ham license, still remember something.... or part of
something!)

While we're talking about stuff like this.

Long ago when I was in high school I had a Hallicrafters reciever, 4
bands from ?? the table radio band up to shortwave.

And I was listening to the sound from one of the tv stations (even the
radio was AM and tv sound is supposed to be FM, but it matched the
sound coming from our tv on one channel) and every couple minutes I
would have to tune the radio higher. This went on for 40 minutes or
more, with me eventually tuning the radio much higher than it was, so
high I went off the end of the band.

I think there was a higher band so I started at the low end of that,
but couldn't find the same station.

What the heck was going on?