Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Old antenna for new tv

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 07:56:08 -0400, Jeff Thies
wrote:

That said, I'm dissatisfied with my big antenna and I'm going to buy
an amplifier on the hopesw that it will help.

The first week the antenna was in the attic, I got channel 26, and
channels 30.1 to 30.5. Teh channels 30 are even farther from me than
DC, but I hven't gotten them again except in the middle of the night.
So I do have a signal but maybe it is too weak.

Might need to get it out of the attic.

Everyone says that, but I just don't want to do it. Plus I'm very
close to having all I can reasonably expect. There are a cou
amplifier or the

Jeff
(used to hold a ham license, still remember something.... or part of
something!)

I had a novice license for a year in 1960, but didn't have to know
much to get that. I was trying to learn what I need for a general
license, but couldn't get my code speed up anyhow, so I didn't work
much on the theory.

But about 4 years ago I got a license, general I think. No more code
requirement, and the tech stuff is mostly about antennas and safety, I
guess since few people build their own oscillators anymore.