Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Yikes, blown the suppy company neutral fuse ...

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
: On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 09:14:39 +0100, Jerry wrote:
:
: I take it that you have never come across the bolt being used
as
: a 'fusible' link within the a Bullshi... sorry BS1363 plug
that is
: feeding a device that draws 3amp via a similar rated length
of flex.
:
: And this never happens with other fuses? Of course it does.
Anyway, it's
: quite hard to use abol;t with many modern moulded plugs.

********, it only need metal the same dia of the BS fuse, rather
than having to dismantle a distribution board, take out a CB and
replace even with a higher rated unit never mind a solid bridge.

:
: And no, I haven't come across it. Anyone who does that has
probably done
: lots of other dangerous things too.

Your point being what, exactly?...

:
: I take it that you have never come across the situation were
an faulty
: appliance fails to blow the fusible wire within the
Bull****... sorry
: BS1363 plug but trips out the much more sensitive CB on the
panel,
: taking out all other devices connected to that circuit (which
in a house
: can be the entire power circuit.
:
: Pretty badly designed if it's the ONLY power circuit - our
house has five
: rings.
:

Only if you are being a pedantic fool and taking the meaning of
the word "House" to me a multi floor dwelling rather than the
more usual generic meaning of the word as a place were people
live. Anyway, even if there was multiple ring circuits one faulty
device will still take out all devices being powered from that
circuit rather than just the one or two that would be on a radial
circuit.
--
Regards, Jerry.