Posted to alt.home.repair
John Keiser John Keiser is offline

Default small nick in Formica counter top

This has worked well for me on pin-sized defects: use a rotary tool to
grind the color coat from a scrap of matching formica; clean the defect; put
a drop of crazy glue [or epoxy] in the defect; sprinkle with the matching
dust or daub the dust into the glue with your finger [I've never gotten this
to "paint" with a brush]; let cure; sand lightly; wax.

"EvenStephen" wrote in message
A cousin put a small (twice the size of a pin head) nick in my wife's
new "linen" color counter top. Has anyone had success in patching
such nicks with the "Counter Top Repair Kits" that are sold? I've
done small repair and remodling and drywall work but not formica.
Thanks!