Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Toilet Flushing Mystery

"TN" wrote in message
I've got 3 of the same toilets installed in the house I built in
2005. One toilet has me totally freaked out. It doesn't flush
properly and has gotten somewhat worse over time. I can hold the
flush handle down and the flapper opens just fine. The tank is filled
with water and it empties at rate similar to the other toilets. The
bowl just fills up with water the whirlpool starts but it acts as if
it is slightly plugged. It flushes a little and the waste eventually
goes down, but never the normal "empty the bowl" flushes I see in the
other toilets. I've plunged it before so I know there is no clog.

Does anyone have some advice on how to debug this? My instinct says
the bowl was just casted defective. I can't imaging its a larger plug
somewhere else because all the other drains in the bathroom work fine.

Thanks!

Always possible that the wax ring was compressed too much and interferes
with the flow.

The damnest problem I ever had was when the lid from a small makeup case got
trapped in bowl loop. Sometimes it would pivot one way and all would be
fine. The next time it flipped the other way an nothing went down.

Did not solve that problem or know the cause until I used the BFH on the
removed bowl. Using the BFH was an act of faith as I knew there had to be
something in there.

--
Colbyt