Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Yet another bulging-capacitors replacement

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" ? wrote in message
m...
?
? Arfa Daily wrote:
??
?? Well Jim, that was why I used the word "potentially", but judging by the
?? size of the pins used to couple the power supply's output into the
?? board -
?? if you've been following the thread, you will recall that I previously
?? described them as being of the size you would find on the line cord for a
?? kettle - then I wouldn't say that there was too much in the way of
?? reserve.
?
? "The size you would find on the line cord for a kettle" doesn't have
? much meaning in the US.

Why is that ? You have electric kettles in your kitchens - I've used them.

I've never seen one. Even Coffee pots are rare these days.

Or don't you call them kettles ?. OK, anyway, if it's a better description,
the size of the round ground pin on a line cord that has a three pin plug.
Is that more meaningful ? 3/16" diameter maybe ? 4mm ?

3/16" is between AWG 5 & AWG 4. 4 mm is between AWG 7 & AWG 6. How
much current do those kettles draw?

enough left over to pay them.