Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Anyone going to IMTS?

Ignoramus4117 wrote:

On 2010-09-01, Wes wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
cncmillgil wrote:

just to drool?

I can't carry in Chi town so NO.

Wes

Holy cow. Are you serious? You wouldn't go to Chicago because they won't let
you carry a concealed handgun?

Call it an economic boycott if it makes you feel better.

My opinion only Wes, but it is a mistake, IMTS is a very worthwhile
event to attend.

There are a lot of worthwile things to do with my time. If IMTS comes to Michigan, maybe
it will make the grade. I've been to some trade shows at Cobo in Detroit over the years.
You see neat things, collect and trade a lot of biz cards and get a bunch of junk mail.

I'm hoping the Heller case along with the McDonald case brings sanity to Chigago gun laws.
I really don't care about carrying in the show since Michigan has a restriction on
carrying depending on the size of the venue. I care about the rest of the stay. I've
been in places where the good part of town turns in to the bad part of town in just a
block or two. Something I wouldn't know about until it was too late if something goes
wrong.

Chicago isn't a safe city.

Wes
Wes