Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Core Memory

flipper wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

flipper wrote:

I hate that kind of crap because you just *know* as soon as you rip it
apart the thing will work again... until you put it back together.

A bottle of good RMA flux and a hot iron can bring them back from the
dead.

Which 'them' do you mean? The Sony or the TV?

Both. Cracked solder joints are a huge problem in consumer grade
electronics, and lead free solder is making it even more of a problem.

Bad memory on my part, though. The one 27" TV I have left is a handed
down Sanyo and the problem is no vertical. Classic dead center
horizontal line.

Check for open electrolytics in the vertical circuit. You can ask on
news:sci.electronics.repair for more information, if you give the brand
and model.

enough left over to pay them.