Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default Painting Cpvc?

On Sep 1, 6:40*am, Jeff Thies wrote:
On 9/1/2010 7:32 AM, Bob Villa wrote:

On Sep 1, 2:57 am, Jeff *wrote:
On 8/31/2010 3:24 PM, Colbyt wrote: *"Joe * *wrote in message
I'm painting my basement walls and have a hot/cold CPVC drop running down
the wall for the washer. *Can I paint the CPVC using a latex paint?
Thanks,

Never painted cpvc but I have painted a few pvc pipes in my time. *So my
opinion is yes you can.

* * Same here. I have an outdoor structure made out of pvc. Painting
enhances the life of it. I did prime it first...

* * Jeff

I've found TruValu Acrylic Latex deck paint to be good for PVC pipe
(and self-priming). *Smoothest (no drag) paint I have ever used.

How's it holding up on decks?

* *My limited advice on paint is that if it is sold at HD it's crap.

* *Jeff
(who is buying mostly Benny Moore)

I've only used it on concrete floors. It dries very hard and adheres
well if not soaked (as in flooded basement). I also use it for trim.