Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Masonry blade

Slits, slots, etc - different strokes for different folks. Bottom
line - you get what you pay for. The Harbor Freight blades work,
but won't last as long as Diamond Products/ Target/ etc. Has
mostly to do with amount of diamond and matrix. Water is crucial
unless you know you have a dry diamond blade. Water works great
on dry diamond blades.

Just bought a new Diamond Products 14". +/- $400 with over an
inch of diamond and matrix. Expect several years on pavement saw
with water.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"Steve B" wrote in message
I'm fixing to fire up my new used 10" masonry saw and cut some
pavers. The blade on there doesn't seem to have many diamonds.
It also has no slits. I will fire it up and see how it cuts.

I did check at the stores for blades, and they are all over the
board on prices. From $40 to $120. For cutting 2.5" pavers,
and mostly tile, what do I need without spending more than I
need to? Are there blades better than others, and which ones
last? And do I need solid or with slits?

Steve

read about heart surgery and how to prepare for it at:
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com