Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default OT Surveillance Experts ? OT

Steve R. wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message

We've got a little punk in the 'hood that likes to take stuff from
back yards and sheds , and I'm shopping for an affordable security
camera system
. A couple of weeks ago this little asshole went into my shed/shop
and took a laptop comp - my old one , not much but it was mine .
Late last week a neighbor chased him out of my yard again ...
Wired or wireless , and I have a comp with extra storage for the
video . Sound isn't necessary , I just want to capture and record
video of any and every one who enters my yard . I want quad
real-time display , and a minimum
of 30 fps (ntsc) per channel recording capability would be nice .
--
Snag
Wannabe Machinist

I use 2 video capture/TV/PVR cards. the night vision cam is a Swann.
The software is freeware, HSSVSS. Works for me. I do have a proper
DVR card, but it wants an Intel machine, and mine are all AMD based.
A BNC to RCA adapter is needed.

Steve R.

I have a mix of AMD and Intel-based comps , so that's not a problem - though
the one I would like to use is an AMD processor . That's OK though , there's
an Intel machine available for the task . And that one is set up for dual
screens , one of which is my main TV set . Watch 'em on the teevee in real
time , then call the cops to pick up the body . Tennessee has recently made
changes in it's "Castle Doctrine" laws ...

--
Snag
Got Guns ?