Posted to alt.home.repair
Dottie Dottie is offline

Default small nick in Formica counter top

On Aug 31, 4:28*pm, "WW" wrote:
"EvenStephen" wrote in message

A cousin put a small (twice the size of a pin head) nick in my wife's
new "linen" color counter top. *Has anyone had success in patching
such nicks with the "Counter Top Repair Kits" that are sold? *I've
done small repair and remodling and drywall work but not formica.
Thanks!

Been there , done that. The firm that made our kitchen counter top has lots
of matching patch fillers. Try a Formica counter top maker. WW

I have a formica countertop. It is not glossy... it is dark blue with
various other shades mixed in. I used acrylic paint - the kind that
comes in little bottles that you can buy at Michaels and Walmarts. I
had used it for something else. I dabbed it on.... and you can barely
see the place I covered. The formica is thin so it doesn't take much
to fill in. And it did not wash off. Surprised me.