Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Electronic Kenmore refrigerator not working, what does this signmean

On 08/31/2010 04:24 PM, Ignoramus20906 wrote:
I have an electronic Kenmore refrigerator 596.50013100. I bought it
from a private party over a year ago and it has been working great
until now. It seems very well made, overall.

Yesterday it started beeping and displaying a strange trouble signal:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Kenmore-Trouble.jpg

It is right above the word "Kenmore", is red and looks like a crossed
lock and an exclamation.

The temperature in the unit has been rising since then and clearly, it
is not cooling anything. Right now both freezer and fridge are at 46
degrees F.

I tried calling Kenmore, but could only speak to dummies who are
forbidden to give any diagnostics.

My question is WTF does this sign mean? It is meant to tell me
something.

That's a picture of an English bobby. Obviously the food's been rioting
and they've hauled the compressor of to quod.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services