Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default OT Surveillance Experts ? OT

On Aug 31, 3:28*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:45:45 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
We've got a little punk in the 'hood that likes to take stuff from back
yards and sheds , and I'm shopping for an affordable security camera
system
. A couple of weeks ago this little asshole *went into my shed/shop
and took a laptop comp - my old one , not much but it was mine . Late last
week a neighbor chased him out of my yard again ...
Wired or wireless , and I have a comp with extra storage for the video .
Sound isn't necessary , I just want to capture and record video of any and
every one who enters my yard . I want quad real-time display , and a
minimum
of 30 fps (ntsc) per channel recording capability would be nice .

Photo is cheap and possible with a motion-sensor camera from a hunting
store. *Usually available for around $20-50 too.

...Presuming he doesn't steal it.

Personally, I like the idea of semi-harmful boobytraps.

I had a similar problem with kids taking a shortcut
through my backyard and knocking over my woodpile
in the process.

I looked around the garage and found an old airhorn
and a plunger style air valve. *I rigged a fish
line tripwire the length of the fence connected to
the valve and the horn. *One blast is all it took...

Ive got a 12gauge. *One blast is all it takes.

Now Gunner's making death threats to teenagers. Very smooth.

If sent, I will crush everything you have built,

Sure as long as everything you have built is made from beer cans.