Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Odd engine miss problem

Jon Elson wrote:

Anyway, has anyone had an experience like this, where there was very
obvious ignition miss immediately after a
full throttle acceleration? I've had plenty of dirty spark plugs and
bad plug wires over the years, and they generally
slowly got worse. I've never had a miss develop suddenly while
driving. All the old plugs looked quite normal,
although the gaps were all worn a bit.

The other thing you should do is ohm out your spark plug wires. 6-10 ohms. I've had a
bad wire make my 4 cylinder Saturn do the shakes. I put an old wire on it that I saved
and drove it for many miles.

Also look for arc over from boots on coil packs.

My car is about 52,000 miles since the last plug change and 70,000 since I changed the
wires according to Quicken. I hope to get this corrected this weekend. I have the parts
but it has been too freaking hot after work lately.

Responding made me do the research on my car. I bet my rough idle issues go away soon.

Wes