Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default OT Surveillance Experts ? OT

"Snag" wrote in message

We've got a little punk in the 'hood that likes to take stuff from back
yards and sheds , and I'm shopping for an affordable security camera
system
. A couple of weeks ago this little asshole went into my shed/shop
and took a laptop comp - my old one , not much but it was mine . Late last
week a neighbor chased him out of my yard again ...
Wired or wireless , and I have a comp with extra storage for the video .
Sound isn't necessary , I just want to capture and record video of any and
every one who enters my yard . I want quad real-time display , and a
minimum
of 30 fps (ntsc) per channel recording capability would be nice .
--
Snag
Wannabe Machinist

When I was getting broken into on a weekly basis I strung some .020"
Stainless Steel wire between some machines at ankle height and had piles of
wire trimmings in strategic locations. The intent was to "porcupine" the
intruder's face. The union screamed bloody murder and made me remove them.