Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FA: ridgid pipe tools, belsaw sharpener, linotype alloy

Bill Noble wrote:

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote
Ah - if I were I linotype seller (Bill ... ?), I'd take this as a
marketing lesson and sell my stuff in its original form (type sticks),
rather than melted into ingots. The buyer could be sure that it was
linotype.

well, those who bought from me know what they got. ...

Bill, I'm not suggesting that your buyers didn't get honest-to-god 100%
linotype. I'm saying that the people who haven't bought from you (e.g.,
Gunner), and especially the people who don't know you (i.e., most of
your prospective eBay buyers) might feel more assured that they were
bidding on the real stuff if it was type sticks, rather than melted down
into ingots.

Bob