Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Pool Cue

"Bill" wrote in message

OTOH, I've seen broom handles that would make better cues
than they have in many places. Just depends what you need.

Ages ago the "Our Place Bar" used to have a mop and broom tournament on
Wednesday nights. You could bring any mop or broom you wanted or select one
of those in the bar. The only rule was it had to be a complete unmodified
factory made and commercially sold mop or broom with everything in tact. If
a rag mop it had to have a head on it etc etc. The bar put up the prizes
which were 3 ribeye steaks for for 1st, and 2 for 2nd. I found the key was
to find one you could shoot with that didn't spin around too much on you,
and you didn't whack yourself in the ribs on a long stroke. I took home
some of those steaks a few times.