Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default How to make a scroll?

On Aug 30, 10:45*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message

Steve B wrote:
You must be using 3/16" stock, right? *The 1/8" bends with the HF bender.
It makes you wonder how the ones you have were made. *Either with a
strong machine, or by a talented ironworker.

Mine are 3/16 and there's a huge difference in bending force compared to
1/8. *I practiced on 1/8, 'cause I didn't have any 3/16 to spare, and was
surprised when I tried to do the 3/16.

The ones that I'm matching were factory made & there they can bend
anything.

Bob

I have seen the 3/16" and even thicker done on machines. *It's spendy. *And
I have seen some very nice ones done in a hand forge.

Steve

read about heart surgery and how to prepare for it at:http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Apparently this:
http://www.hossfeldbender.com/bender...r-standard.php
used to be the standard for bending stuff. My dad used to rave about
what they did with one at the sulky plant, they had all the dies.
Probably our auction-enabled guys can turn one up for 50 cents
somewhere in somebody's back room, with all the dies, too.

Stan