Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT can an adult learn skateboarding

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 01:18:47 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 19:40:14 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

It certainly did. The "guy" was born in 1950 and died in 1950, age 6
weeks.

But, still, you have the actual form with that guy's name, right?

Ive got a copy of his birth cert tucked away at my dads place. Im pretty
sure, though its been...hum...30 yrs since I looked in the footlocker.
No need. That portion of my life is long, long, long over.

That means you're missing out on VA medical care. Top shelf in this
part of the country. There's a pecking order of sorts to VA benefits.
If you're a veteran of a war and have a purple heart or two they cover
almost everything.

Karl

Yes, I am. As has been discussed with several individuals, including
the VA.

That rather surprising $250k medical bill brought it to mind and Ive put
some feelers out.

The VA claims its doable, but may take a few years.

Gunner, the best way to deal with the VA is through a Sevice Officer
at a DAV post. If needed, they provide legal services to the
applicant. Using fake records to enlist was common in W.W.II, Korea and
Vietnam. From what I've heard, some enlistment officers gave
instructions on how to do it.

Ayup. Im aware of several guys who went in young, or went in on a run
from the law and served with distinction.

Its not been of any concern to me for all these years and I seldom even
think about it. Shrug

Hell..the spooks didnt care, once they found out and did a check on me.

When I came home, I was lean, mean, rough, tough and nobody to ****
with..and when I put my old name back on...I had to think like the
original model. Harder than one thinks actually.

Let my hair grow out, then one day went into the barber and had it cut
off. Been short haired ever since. I was in the barber shop with a
buddy, who had no idea Id been in..and the barber asked "how long you
been home?" (old vet seen em all) and I told him Id been a hippie living
in California for a few years. He looked at me..quirked his
eye..glanced over at the kid I was with...got a very small smile and
looked me right in the eye and said "welcome home".

He was my barber for a couple years after than, before I went on the
road.

Dead now. He had done Normandy in the first wave.
Quite a guy.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)