Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Phil Kangas[_3_] Phil Kangas[_3_] is offline

Default Some Additional On Topic Video Stuff

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

How To Remove A Morse Taper Mounted Chuck From A Drill
Press
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

Very nice! And perfect timing. I haven't done it for 30
years, and the time has arrived to do it again -- but my
memory was balking. g

Thanks, Joe.

My pleasure Ed. Glad someone could make use of it.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping:
http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

Jeez you professionals are rough! Why not do it the one man
way and do it nice? heh heh ...
Put the release wedge in place and raise the spindle till
the
return spring captures the wedge against the housing, put
a tall enough block of wood on the table to come within an
inch
of the chuck, hold a lead block or a lead coated steel block
behind the spindle _then_ hit the wedge a sharp blow. The
chuck
falls to the wood block safely and you didn't damage the
spindle bearings. I have a lead block that fits nicely into
a plastic
bag with only one end exposed just for this. I know, I know,
I'm
just being picky, eih? ;))
phil