Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default OT can an adult learn skateboarding

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:01:44 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 20:49:48 -0500, Ignoramus4078
wrote:

I have to admit to having almost never ridden a skateboard, certainly
I am a complete novice. My older kid started to learn it and I am
wondering, can an adult pick that skill up or is it too late.

If you ever surfed or skied, yeah, it's a piece of cake.

I've done quite a bit of both, and I don't think it's a piece of cake.

Same here. I was a decent skiier and surfer as a teenager, but found
skateboarding awkward. And mistakes hurt more.

But I have taken up surfing again this summer after a 35 year break.

--
Ned Simmons