Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FA: ridgid pipe tools, belsaw sharpener, linotype alloy

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 17:09:24 -0400, Bob Engelhardt

But the alloy in type isn't always linotype. Had some type I got from
a scrap dealer that was separate pieces, not cast in lines, ...

Real linotype (line-of-type) is never in individual letter pieces. That
would be just plain "type". I'd guess that the plain type alloy is
harder than the linotype, since each piece is reused over and over.

Bob

Monotype or one of the wierd nickle alloys

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)