Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-gas additives for small engines?

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:04:24 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

CaveLamb on Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:36:47 -0500
On 8/30/2010 9:28 AM, Steve W. wrote:
axolotl wrote:
I acquired a snowblower. Vintage, as they say on Ebay. It runs, so I am
not inclined to rebuild the carb or otherwise mess with it. Does anyone
have experience with Seafoam or other magic elixirs in small engines?

Kevin Gallimore

Seafoam if the carb is gunked up.
Sta-Bil for any gas that sits around ESPECIALLY the crap with ethanol in
it.
Also remember to SHAKE up the stored gas every week or so. The ethanol
likes to separate out of the mix due to the water in it and cause problems.

HMM I wonder, if I mixed clean water into the gas. Shook it real good
then let it settle and separate if it would pull the ethanol out and
give me straight gasoline. Anyone have a thought on that?

Isn't that the way one tests for alcohol in gas?
If so, then yes, it outta work.

55 gallons is a bit over 350 pounds to shake up!

Put a mixer in the tank? (Suddenly, I have this vision of a giant
Kitchenaid mixer over a 100 gallon tank....)
Have to be bigger - the fifty foot woman would consider a 75
gallon container a "pop can"...

tschus

Nah..thats what they make Hobart Mixers for. One can mix a full 55gal
drum in many of them. Or more.

They make one that will do 220 lbs of pizza dough at one time....

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)