Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Take apart - put together syndrome

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 08:47:52 -0500, Sunworshipper wrote:

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 19:20:48 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 18:27:03 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 15:52:33 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

Buerste wrote:
Something doesn't work so you take it apart and troubleshoot all the
components. You can't find anything wrong so you put it back together
and...IT WORKS PERFECT! It has happened to me for forever but what's
going on? My latest is the icemaker in the kitchen refrigerator. I
spent hours and hours finding documents and troubleshooting. No, it
wasn't frozen-up, (the most common fault it seems) the motor worked,
the thermostat checked out, the heater passed muster. The water
valve is OK and all cleaned out. (I've replaced plenty of those in
different units over the years). Of course, I find nothing else that
could cause it to crap out so put it all back together and...it works
just fine. Go figure. I've had hundreds if not thousands of this
kind of thing, I'll bet everybody else does too!

Mechanical objects get lonely sometimes. Depressed.

Playing with their innards brings the meaning back into their life. Call it
a mid-life crisis, if you will.

Call any machine, and the chances are good, that the machinery will respond
to you.

While all of the preceeding is quite true, please be sure that you
never underestimate the innate animosity of inanimate objects.

Larry...most such objects are actually friendly! Like dogs..if you
express interest and care about their welfare..they respond nicely.
But..you have to do it on the same wavelength as they receive. And not
all machinery is the same "channel"

Then of course.. there are the "sports".

Like evil twisted inbred pitbulls..there are a few machines out there
that only want to kill/rend/tear/****/**** and **** over the nearest
human being.

Fortunately most are not in a position to do so..but some...shrug..can
and do. And the results can be....horrific.....brrrrrrr!!

I once had such a machine in my home. A 4 slot toaster. It tried to
kill or at the very least..**** off EVERY user except one (my wife).
Like a cat..it only had one owner. Biggest problem was..there were 6
people in the house. So my wife had her very own toaster for years,
the rest of us using a modest and hardworking 2 slice toaster who did
yoemans work for us. And I/we treasured it deeply. And it knew it and
appreciated it.

Her toaster ultimately had a mechanical problem that I solved with the
proper application of a 3lb shop hammer and my big Haybudden anvil,
followed by a toss over the fence, directly into the dumpster. And I
laughed..laughed as it died!

The new replacement evidently got the word and its been behaving nicely
for a number of years now. And I still use the trustworthy 2 slice and
talk to it, celebrate it, while its toasting. And it feels good about
itself.

Gunner

That's a great story, if we could just do that with bad cops and
politicians.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/slaying-of-...-98223884.html

The victim's side is not allowed to cross examine or bring their own
witnesses to a coroner's inquest.

The above statement is true, never could figure out what only one side
of the story is good for.

SW

Based on the above report...its not going to look real good for the cops
involved once questions start being asked and the facts come out.

Notice that New Orleans cops from the Katrina episode are still going to
jail for murder, conspiracy and coverup?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)