Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default Machine Thread to Wood Thread Dowel Screw

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 13:38:55 -0700 (PDT), Bolted
wrote:

Isaac Lord or Hafele (for retail try BK Services) are good places to
look for stuff like this.

Thanks for the links. I am checking them now. Daft question but is the
width simply the external measurement across the thread? I've just put
a vernier calliper across the dowel supplied but it measures 5.7mm.
That doesn't seem to match any common size; I've even tried concerting
to 1/16ths and 1/32nds of an inch but it doesn't match those. Should I
round it up to M6 or down to M5 or something else all together?

Thanks.