Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Does anybody fix CRT big screen/save the parts?

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 09:46:47 -0500, bob u wrote:

It really does not matter how much the parts are worth, if you
never use them why save them?

I've been trying to clean the office for the last month, with no luck.
I tend to keep parts and boards so I can cannibalize parts to fix
other machines. The amount of space this takes is far larger than I'm
willing to allow. Just calculating the cost per vertical square foot
component of my office rent is enough to convince me that saving old
parts is more expensive than just buying new parts. It's a habit of a
lifetime, and very difficult to break. However, when I find that I
have to move boxes of junk in order to just make room on the bench for
new repairs, it's time to clean house. I may regret having tossed
some handy part or board, but that will come later. Right now, I need
the space.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D