Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-gas additives for small engines?

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 10:28:36 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

axolotl wrote:
I acquired a snowblower. Vintage, as they say on Ebay. It runs, so I am
not inclined to rebuild the carb or otherwise mess with it. Does anyone
have experience with Seafoam or other magic elixirs in small engines?

Kevin Gallimore

Seafoam if the carb is gunked up.
Sta-Bil for any gas that sits around ESPECIALLY the crap with ethanol in
it.
Also remember to SHAKE up the stored gas every week or so. The ethanol
likes to separate out of the mix due to the water in it and cause problems.

HMM I wonder, if I mixed clean water into the gas. Shook it real good
then let it settle and separate if it would pull the ethanol out and
give me straight gasoline. Anyone have a thought on that?

It will take the ethanol out, but some water stays absorbed in the
gasoline too.