Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default pulling OUT trees with a winch?

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I'd expect the welding oxygen to really heat up the fire. Please let
us know how it works.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 12:33:43 -0500, Karl Townsend wrote:

Or, if you got time, drill say two inch holes in the stump and fill
with potassium nitrate fertilizer. They rot within a year. Then fill
the holes with diesel and burn the stump out.

I've always thought it would be fun to burn out a stump with oxygen -
ordinary welding oxygen, with about 6' of 1/4" or so stainless steel
tube;
start a little fire on top of the stump, and blow O2 on it. Would that
work?

It might make a good youtube video. ;-)

Good Luck!
Rich

Ah. Shades of "Barbecuing With Liquid Oxygen."

Steve