Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] is offline

Default how to remove alkaline battery residue

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 10:24:04 +0000 (UTC), "Geoffrey S. Mendelson"
wrote:

We don't have dirty toilets BTW, there are lots of other cleaners, including
"mai cham" (literally hot water), which is a dilute muratic acid solution.

That will etch the surface of the porcelain, which will cause
particles of defecant to stick to the surface. It's much like using a
chemical sandpaper.

The most common is "economica", which is a brand name that has become a
generic term for cholrine bleach with soap and optional lemon scent.

Lemon is a nasal desensitizer. Add lemon scent to anything and all
you small is lemon. That's why there are so many "lemon fresh"
products on the market. For an example, put a lemon under your nose,
while biting into an apple.

The by-product from air oxidation of lemon oil (d-Limonene oxide) is one
of the most allergenic chemical known. It forms in part-used bottles of
lemon-scented products and I have seen the horrible results of the
sensitisation it causes. (One of my work colleagues lost most of her
facial skin to it)

Even if you aren't allergic to it, other people may be, so please don't
use it.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk