Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What end mill for engraving (high speed)

cncmillgil wrote:

On Aug 28, 11:20 pm, "Michael A. Terrell" ?
wrote:
? cncmillgil wrote:
?
? ? On Aug 27, 1:21 pm, Ignoramus31855 ?ignoramus31...@NOSPAM.
? ? 31855.invalid? wrote:
? ? ? I am getting closer to having a high speed spindle (Bosch 1617EVS
? ? ? router). I have to make an adaptor plate, and I am almost done with
? ? ? coding.
?
? ? ? Anyway, as far as using it goes, I want to engrave text, like on
? ? ? panels and such. What sort of end mill would you recommend. Thanks
?
? ? Plasma / or laser - only way to engrave nowadays.
? ? So hook a laser head up to your Bport EMC2? why not?
?
? ? Don't waste your time with cutters - its too labor intensive.
? ? duh..........
? ? THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX (never heard that one eh?)
?
? What box?

Well, there are so many "boxes" that we live with.
Reminds me of an old Toolmaker - acktually the mold shop foreman at
the time.
Good old George, smart guy. Knew alot about machining. fixtures, jigs,
cutters, good at trig, cross slide turntable wiz, indexing with
dividing ? Harig heads ect. Anyway he had a black box. Kept in his
tool box, kinda like a secret thing. Would always ask the guys that
came over to his bench " Wanna see whats in the box today? - for a
dollar"
He'd change it around with different "stuff" he'd collected over the
years, or sometimes nothing!
Kept the money collected in a cup ? when there was enough lunch would
be on him.
So lesson learned???????

You paid too much. Some people are never confined to some box, no
matter what size.

Smart ass me: " I dont care about boxes, the question is, whats your
bag man"?g?

I don't carry a purse, either.

enough left over to pay them.